St. Joseph’s Church in Stoneham, Texas was built in 1909 with Father M. A. Dombrowski as its first pastor. On July 9, 1909, the following thirty one individual parishioners took responsibility for the note on the land for the church and cemetery:
|Stash Lebeck||Frank Phillips||W. Szymanski|
|Mike Klavinski||Pete Yearek||Mike Phillips|
|Stash Pavlick||S. J. Niszkiewicz||Jack Naskrent|
|Frank Tomkievitz||Anton Smith||Lena Phillips|
|Antoni Urbanoski||Charlie Wetooski||Mary Demney|
|Wash Noak||Mike Grochett||Joe Shechinski|
|W. T. Smith||Martin Niszkiewicz||Geo. Kuta|
|S. H. Smith||J. L. Yargo||John Kleboski|
|Andrew Wietzkoie||Frank Grochett||Michael L. Pawlak|
|Teodor Pawlak||Walter Demney||Wash Piecznski|
The second pastor was Father Weisnerowski who resided in Stoneham. For a short time Father Gleissner of Bryan was appointed to attend the needs of both St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s Churches.
About the year 1920, St. Joseph’s Chruch became a mission under the guidance of St. Stanislaus Church of Anderson. The other pastors to succceed were Father T. W. Kappe, Father Francis Klass, and Father T. Wendland. During the pastorage of Father Wendlend, St. Joseph’s was transferred to the care of St. Mary’s Church of Plantersville. Father Leroy Braden became pastor in 1967. During his administration the interior of St. Joseph Church was completely renovated.
The priests to follow were all from St. Mary’s Church of Plantersville and have administered to the needs of the community of St. Joseph’s Church.